This guide is written to explain how easily you can install WHMCS through the one click script installer – Softaculous.
IMPORTANT: You should Create a Subdomain to Install WHMCS from cPanel before proceeding with this guide, we I highly recommend installing WHMCS on a subdomain instead your main domain.
1.Before you initiate the installation, you need to have the WHMCS license key with you. If you still don’t have it, you need to request/purchase it from the client area.
2. Once you receive the key, log into your cPanle account
3. Scroll to the Software and Services section and click on the Softaculous icon
4.You will land on the Softaculous app installation page. In the search box (to the top-left corner) type WHMCS and WHMCS will appear on the same left side pane just under E-Commerce. Click on WHMCS.
5. Click on the Install tab and you will land on the installation page.
6. In the page, you will see 5 main sections.
- Software Setup
- Site Settings
- Admin Account
- Choose Language
- Advanced Options
Lets look at each of the sections with the different options under them:
a. Software Setup
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for which this WHMCS is going to be installed. (Generally the domain will already be selected by default, from the drop down list)
- In the Directory text box, type the directory(folder) where you want to install this WHMCS system, or you can keep the default directory name.
NOTE: If you want your domain name to go directly to the WHMCS system, make sure the In Directory text box is kept blank
- In the Data Directory text box, type the directory(folder) where you want to store WHMCS data, or you can keep the default directory name.
- In the Database Name text box, type a name of the WHMCS database or you can keep the default database name.
- In the CRON Job text boxes, type the cron job run time periods, or you can use the default given values
NOTE: Cron jobs are tasks that are scheduled to run automatically within the specified time periods. If you are unsure of the values, its recommended that you use the default values.
b. Site Settings
- In the Company Name text box, type the name of the company.
- In the Admin Folder text box, type the directory(folder) for the administration interface, or you can keep the directory name.
- In the Company Email text box, type the company e-mail address.
- In the Valid License Key text box, type the WHMCS license key you received from us.
c. Admin Account
- In the Admin Username text box, type a username for the administrator’s account.
- In the Admin Password text box, enter a password for the administrator’s account.
NOTE: Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password’s strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the key icon next to the Admin Password text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the First Name text box, type the administrator’s first name, or you can use default value.
- In the Last Name text box, type the administrator’s last name, or you can use default value.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the administrator’s e-mail address.
d. Choose Language
- In the Select Admin Language drop down box, select the language for the administration interface.
- In the Select Site Language list box, select the language for the WHMCS system.
e. Advanced Options
Click the + icon to expand Advanced Options.
- For Disable Update Notifications check box, if you do not want to receive email notifications when application updates are available, you may select the box.
NOTE: We recommend you NOT to select this option in order to receive email notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- Select Auto Upgrade option, if you want to make sure your WHMCS application is always upto date, when ever the latest version of WHMCS is available.
- In Automated backups, select the backup taking frequency from the drop down list. By setting the backing up periods, Softaculous will take automated backups via CRON according to the defined intervals. You also have the option not back up as well.
- In Backup Rotation, you can set up to how many backing up routines to run and create a backup for each of those turns.
NOTE: If the backup rotation limit is reached, Softaculous will delete the oldest backup of the installation and create a new backup. The backups will utilize your space so choose the backup rotation as per the space available on your server
7. Just before you click on the Install button, type in an e-mail address in Email installation details to text box, to receive the site configuration information after the installation is complete.
8. Finally click on the Install button, to complete the installation.
After you install WHMCS, you can configure it to work with WebHost Manager and cPanel. For example, you can add a cPanel server, set up a WebHost Manager package, and more.
For detailed instructions on this, visit http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM.
- For general information about WHMCS, please visit http://www.whmcs.com
- To view the online documentation for WHMCS, visit http://docs.whmcs.com