Let’s first familiarize the term Subdomain before we talk about creating one. You can refer to a subdomain as a “domain within a domain” of any domain in your account. Subdomains do not require another domain name. For example, services.skynethosting.net could be a subdomain of skynethosting.net
This detailed tutorial on creating subdomains will guide you to create subdomins painlessly. Follow along and don’t forget to watch the video tutorial on at the end Learning cPanel tools - How to create a subdomain in cPanel?
- Log into cPanel and click on the Subdomains icon under the Domains section.
- On the next screen enter the prefix of your new subdomain.
- Make sure the domain name your subdomain will be associated with is selected.
- A directory name same as your subdomain prefix will automatically appear change this if you want to. When ready, click Create
- On successful completion the following screen will appear.
- It’s located in the public_html directory, and can also be accessed like this:www.mybiz123.net/clients. A folder called “clients” has also been created, which is where you would upload files for this subdomain.
How to create a subdomain in cPanel?
There you have it! we just created a subdomin, very straight forward and simple. Check out other tools in the Domains category.